Last update: 29-05-2020 - 17:54:56
Privacy Notice for all our Customers
We believe in making complex things simple. In that spirit, please find rea summary of our privacy notice and policy and what we do with the data we collect. To emphasize, everyone at Gucopia VOF wholeheartedly respects the privacy of your and our own personal information.
In summary, we
- Wholeheartedly believe in the maximum protection of personal information and the fundamental concept of privacy.
- Will only collect the bare minimum of your data for us to survive as a business.
- Strive to be fully transparent with you, the customer and the regulators when it comes to cyber-attacks and or intrusion attempts on our business.
- Take all possible and sensible measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information
- Do rely on third parties for things like managing customer interaction and are striving to ensure that they share the same beliefs and principles around privacy and protection of data.
- Do not directly sell or trade in your personal information. FULL Stop. We will, as part of a transaction, share your information with our partners/preferred suppliers (these partners/preferred suppliers may/can contact you for commercial purposes).
What information we collect
As a minimum we ask that you share with us your:
- First name, last name and or middle name
- Corporate email (to set up your account).
- Personal email (to set up your user or new users)
- Your mobile and or contact number.
So that we may get in touch and discuss - sometimes a personal touch makes the difference.
- Your country where you work.
In addition, to help us target and better meet your requirements, it helps if you provide us with your:
- Company address.
- Delivery address.
- Company logo.
We do NOT collect and DO NOT require the following from you:
- Sexual orientation or Gender
- Health or fitness
- Political views
- Family data
- Credit /debit card
- Bank or other financial information
Why do we need your information:
Background: As a service oriented business we do not manufacture any product. We are constantly striving to enlarge your buying power by searching for innovative ways to facilitate your buying process.
However, to be able to survive as a business we need to get our platform and suppliers products in front of you. As a small business we cannot afford the exorbitant costs of constant advertising on Google Ads for example. Hence, we have to collect and retain data from you so we may keep you informed and updated about our next great promotions, group purchases or buying opportunities.
We need some data from you so that we can:
- Inform you and keep you updated on
- Preferred suppliers products
- Attractive promotional campaigns
- User and/or Gucopia triggered Group purchase campaigns
- Share with you
- Information on partners/ preferred suppliers.
- Information on promotions only available for Gucopia members
- Best prices for all your purchases.
What else we DO with your information
Background: Product vendors often develop cutting edge technology and in many instances also employ seasoned experts in their respective fields.
- So, when we introduce these experts and technology to you, we are often only empowered to do so by using all available data provided by yourself.
- We share the following data: Name, last name, email, company, country.
What we DO NOT Do with your information
- We do not directly SELL or trade in your personal information with any person or persons or commercial organization with exception of our partners and preferred suppliers.
- We do not sell or share your information to any vendor not stated as partner or preferred supplier.
Our third parties and your information
So, right now, we have no major control over what third parties do with the information we provide them. However, we are in the middle of making all the right noises, reviewing and tightening our contracts with all our partners/preferred suppliers so that we do our best to ensure that the third parties are observing the same principles as us.
Who are your partners
We have partnerships with several product and/or service providers. A top 10 list, with a link to their website, is provided in your personal dashboard.
However, to reveal all our partners would be, as the SCOTS, would say, “lifting our kilt”! - However, If any additional information is needed on one or more of our partners/ preferred suppliers, these will be provided after a simple call with Gucopia.
How do you protect my Data?
At best, it would be naive for us to declare that your data is 100% safe from cyber criminals. 100% percent security is a fallacy.
We take several precautions to ensure your data is not subject to unauthorized access. Some of the steps we take include, but are not limited to:
- Encrypting, where possible, your personal information when it is NOT being transmitted (at rest).
- Encrypting your data during transmission.
- Ensuring our staff are constantly made aware of their responsibilities towards protecting your personal information.
- We believe in transparency and are always prepared to own up when things go wrong. We will keep you and the regulators posted when things go wrong and also let you know what we did to recover from such incidents.
How Do You Process My Data?
We primarily rely on the Arco Docroom systems to host and process your personal information. This approach, (nothing is 100 percent secure) allows for a far more efficient method to control (issue, take-away) access for our employees and third parties.
So, yes, the Arco Docroom system is our primary data processor. The Gucopia platform is our other primary data processor.
How Do You Obtain My Data?
We use multiple methods of obtaining your data including:
- Forms on https://my.gucopia.com and any subdomains on this website.
- LinkedIn - we, like you, use LinkedIn.
How long do we keep your information
Based on our experience we have deemed it necessary to retain your data for 24 months after which we will reach out to confirm your intentions. You will always have the ability to opt-out at any time.
How do you dispose of my data?
We primarily rely on Arco Docroom and the Gucopia platform to host your data. To that extent, we rely on those parties to ensure that they:
- Remove your data when we hit the “delete” or remove button.
- Allocate your data in the “Do not Email” bucket when you unsubscribe from our Notification lists.
When I invoke “Forget me” what do you do?
Hmmm - This is a vicious cycle (surely it is) For us to truly forget you, we have to remove all instances of your records in all our databases. You may want to check if we have done so. Herein lies the contradiction, if a business deletes all evidence of you (your personal information) and your request to “Forget me” - then there is no available record that they held your data in the first place. If they maintain a record of your request they could expose the very fact that you were associated with the particular business in some way.
Complete Transparency - when attackers succeed.
When discussing a data breach - It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN a business is attacked and compromised. To that extent, we believe in being fully transparent with you and any other regulators.
We are constantly on the lookout for criminal activity on our networks and systems. When discovered we invoke our cyber incident response plan and take the necessary steps to either stop the ongoing attack and or take sensible response measures to mitigate the impact to you and our business.
Yes. As most business we strive to offer you the best experience when you are on our website. We use the following cookies, from the following partner websites
- More detailed information on cookies will be here soon.
This website is owned and operated by Gucopia VOF We are registered in Belgium under registration number BE0712918227, and our registered office is at 1 Dorentstraat, 1980 Eppegem, Belgium.
Our principal place of business is at 1 Dorentstraat, 1980 Eppegem, Belgium. You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com.